Forum home Talkback

Talkback: Ladybirds

no ladybirds in our garden near Bognor Regis, West Sussex... we need them... where have they all got to?

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

The cold spring with a few warm spells has knocked them back - they came out of hibernation, but there was nothing for them to feed on, so many died.

• Cherry3Cherry3 Posts: 35

Come to think of it , we havent seen any ladybirds either----but have plenty of butterflies & bees---no shortage here.

• Have only seen one on my allotment feasting on the blackfly on the runnerbeans. Im not for from you Sprecks, just along the coast in Worthing

• You can have some of mine they are everywhere!!!! Swarms of them in Berkshire!!

• oooh send some here too.  Not a black spot anywhere, i miss the little critters really I do.  I think a saw a lavea the other day but not quite sure.  But have had loads of bees and butterflies, mostly large and small whites.

• DiddydoitDiddydoit Posts: 801

Same as Cherry say, i have not seen any in cheshire yet. lots of bees and butterlies though.

• I have a huge lavender in my back garden which is covered in bees. Its a bit near the washing line so have to be careful getting the washing in especially as im allergic to bee stings. So far no mishaps this year. Have only seen a few wasps and they are on the allotment.

• Holly010Holly010 Posts: 36

Here in E Suffolk I saw 1 ladybird a couple of days ago........!  Lots of large and small whites and peacocks on my lavenders and buddleis though, and a fair number of bees.  No wasps....

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,559

Have finally seen some blue butterflies, common blues. For years I thought these were Holly Blues, I thought common blues were bigger than that.

• More ladybirds on the allotment mostly on the apple trees so hopefully they are just late in appearing.