Forum home Plants

Plant food etc - opinions & recommendations please

2»

• Oh yes, barrow loads of home made compost is dug into the veg patch every spring, and more barrow loads used for mulch on the borders every autumn - and manure of one sort or another is an ingredient in every batch of my compost image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Reminds me of when we were kids in the 1960'.  A police horse and rider (!) used come down our road every morning and whenever the horse 'lifted his tail' my grandad would be out with a bucket and shovel to scoop it all up.  He kept a manure heap and spread it under the roses once it was well rotted. 

• Apparently my grandfather would hover by his garden gate 'guarding the deposit' until one of his children came home from school - they were sent out with bucket and shovel image

When I drive through the countryside and see a stack of plastic sacks and the sign Pony Poo 50p per bag my car screeches to a halt and I leap out and put a couple of bags in the boot image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.