seed share

Is any body intersted in starting up a seed share club?.Let me know what seeds you have to share.This is purely a non profit making idea and only the cost of postage to be charged for.

• I would be interested, have veg seeds and flower seeds

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,024

there's a seed swap thread in here somewhere.  We had some good swaps earlier in the year

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 42,714

Here's the link to the Seed Swap thread - hope it works!

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in - Greek proverb 
  • I have already posted an interested reply but as the site is messing around today!! 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,024

Isn't it just!. All will be better when the clever bods come back after the weekend

• DiddydoitDiddydoit Posts: 803

thanks for the interest,i have been wondering all day what was up. Sorry stacey i have just got your message now.So what type of veg and flower seeds do you have to swap?

later on in the year i should have some echinacea,rudbeckia,assorted dahlias,poppy,crocosima montbretias,digitalis,and many others so keep watching.

At the moment i have loads of mother of millions plantlets if any body is interested.these are fasinating for kids to grow on.I can let you have ten for the cost of a s.a.e.

• I will have to look in my seed box..... Here goes I have 

a few Scarlett emperor runner bean seeds

rhubard chard

purple sprouting early purple

flowers: mostly from my garden..... California ppoppies 

assorted (and spectacular doubles and raggy) pink purple and red poppy seeds 

pink aqualiga

later I will have 

lucifer crocosmia

orange crocosmia

pumpkin seeds 

• Oh and I will have the following chilli seeds 

cherry bomb

chilli chilli

hungarian hot wax ( maybe!)

thai hot

purple pprincess's

do have a bhut joloki a but I doubt it will flower/ fruit this year

scotch bonnet

• David smith3 I would be very interested in the echinacea and rudbekia seeds..... ( what colour are the echinacea?)

purple raggy poppy

• Oh lol and ligusticum scoticum ( Scottish lovage) just collected 

That's quite a collection stacey, the echinacea is brilliant yellow i do have others when they decide to open.

If any one fancy's some of stacey's seed please drop her a line and tell her what you have to swap or purchase from her.

purple raggy poppy

I have just collected some pale pink gerbia,to add to the collection.does anyone else wish to add any seed to be offered to swap,donate to other's

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,095

Stacy Docherty - I wouldn't mind some seeds of the two poppies you show.

David smith3 - I would also be interested in Rudbeckia and echinacea seeds.

I will have a look through mine as I possibly have Thalictrum, hollyhock (pink or yellow) and digitalis lutea (small cream flowers).

That will be great of you gardenmaiden. I hope stacey reads this message if not i will get in touch with her.

Many thank.

• Hi garden maiden happily send some for you I have just harvested what I think may be a x of the both they are amazing I will pop some of them in as well... I would be v interested in some thalictrum and digitalis if you pm me your address I will post them to you with a sae for return seeds, many thanks