Forum home Tools and techniques

Wheelbarrow Tyre

Tyre keeps going flat,. Is there such a thing as a repair kit? Can you get spare tyres/wheels?

Thanking  you in advance image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,089

try OKO puncture sealant, works for me

Devon.
  • MeomyeMeomye Posts: 702

Thanks Hostafan, where do I find it? is it from a car repair shop like Halfords? 

try a garden machinery repair place. That's where I got mine

Devon.

you put it into the tyre and if a puncture happens, it hardens in the hole so it doesn't go flat. That's the theory.

Devon.
  • MeomyeMeomye Posts: 702

Just been looking at a product called Greentyre, apparently it is a solid tyre so never punctures! anyone got one of these? if so, how do you rate it? 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,448

Some cheaper versions on Amazon for around 15.00

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,235

Our tyre kept going flat and we had difficulty re-inflating so I bought OH a new tyre which he promptly pranged on some thorny hackings.  He's now bought a new wheel with a solid tyre - bright yellow - and it's fine over paths and lawn.  Got it at the local builders' merchants.  Take the old one along to make sure you get the right size.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • WateryWatery Posts: 388

Greentyre!  Yes I have one and it seems really good.   I've only had if for 6 months or so but it's just as easy to push as the inflatable. 

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

Take it to a tyre place.  They will put in a new inner tube or what it requires far faster than you can.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,067

I used something called 'slime' which is a bike tyre sealant.  It is supposed to be able to repair holes of up to 3mm.  However, if I don't use the barrow for a few weeks the tyre does go soft so it's not perfect.

Last edited: 19 March 2017 19:01:45

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.