Anyone done any gardening today - Version 2

Hello - here's version two of this thread as the last one got too long.

I did a bit of raspberry pruning this evening. Nights are drawing out - yipppeeee! 

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,754

Just a bit of weeding and tidying up in the sunshine.  A lily my mum thought had died has some promising-looking buds low down so I've trimmed and repotted it.

Someone told me daylight's getting more by 15min a day at the mo, which sounds optimistic if you ask me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Some of us are used to seeing double...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener LeicsPosts: 6,503
    Steve 309 wrote (see)

Just a bit of weeding and tidying up in the sunshine.  A lily my mum thought had died has some promising-looking buds low down so I've trimmed and repotted it.

Someone told me daylight's getting more by 15min a day at the mo, which sounds optimistic if you ask me.

It's actually about 4 minutes Steve.  Link here showing calculations for London (it varies by latitude, but that's close enough for anyone in the UK):

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/london.html

As a gardener, I welcome the longer days but the astronomer in me hates it! image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.

That sounds more like it.  I've got the details in an almanac somewhere.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,535
    I sowed some parsnip seeds and cut out some of the old wood on currants image
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,199

A quick post from me - just to get me on the notification list for this threadimage

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • I ordered some seeds and fed the birds. It's cold outside. Does that count?

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

Sure it counts.

This is my favourite site for sunrise/sunset: http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/london

I have it on my bookmarks toolbar and check it rather obsessively at this time of year...