Forum home Plants

Seedling time

2»

• Yes an interesting mix. The garden has lots of aconitums already in the garden.But that does give me a start on what to start at least. I think I will set up a heated bed in the greenhouse and go from there. image

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,227

I'll be starting my rudbeckias, echinaceas and scabious off in an indoor propagator this weekend if thats any helpimage.  They will be pricked out into trays in the unheated GH at the end of March and will then go into the garden in late May.  This timing has worked well for me over the last few yearsimage

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 12,192

As a general rule, most of us tend to start stuff too early, I know I do.

Waiting another couple of weeks, will do no harm, and the seeds will soon catch up, with those sown earlier.

Consequences, altered cases
    Broken noses, altered faces
    My ego altered, altered egos
    Wherever I go, so does me go
  • Don't forget Cosmos.  They will fill any border with flowers until the first frosts and are generous with their seed so you only have to buy once.  New types out now with picotee edging etc.  Grew them last year and they went HUGE.  A definite must in my eyes.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,887

I don't have a propergator, never have, I sowed Echinacea amongs others on the 1st Feb and they are up. That's just on the kitchen worktop.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.