Forum home The potting shed

Camera Talk

• I will check out jigsawplanet, I've never hears of it till now.

We are going through a warm spell so I am biking as much as possible. Took to the prairie yesterday and here is a couple examples of the power of nature. The power of splitting this huge boulder and the power to give me wrinkles and grey whiskers.lol

This is split rock, or as I know them, the buffalo rubbing stones. Before we left the city for farm life, dad would often take me for walks out here after church on Sundays. image

Now I'm going to bike down this hill and come at it from below.

imageimage

Size comparison

imageimage

The Blackfoot were the traditional enemies of my ancestors the Cree.

imageimageimage

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,483

Thanks for showing us the history of the rock, Johnny. As usual your photos are really interesting and well done. I don't imagine your handle bars fit through the gap (at speed), but it'd be fun to try.image

S. E. NSW
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,088

Sorry Verdun - mine's a Fuji.  We need someone like Sheps if he's around...

Great pictures, Johnny.  Such a huge expanse of open, wild country.  Britain seems rather small and crowded by comparison with your homeland...

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Thank you both. I do enjoy sharing the scenery around here with fellow members and on a couple aquarium sites.

I remember when I was ten and dad announced that he was taking us to the UK and S Ireland for spring break. I was pumped up about it but my eldest sister was really excited. She enjoyed her novels written by UK authors and was looking forward to seeing the towns and cities in the UK that the stories were set in. Anyways, she took out a map of Alberta and one of the UK and showed me the size comparison. I couldn't fathom then how that great nation Dad had taught us kids to love (from afar lol) could fit in my province almost three times. Once there, it didn't cross my mind, there is so much to see in the UK.

• Sunrise from my backyard yesterday. Just wish the pictures didn't have those power lines in them.imageimage

This show only lasted a few minutes.

Last edited: 07 November 2016 14:00:19

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Right place, right time to capture that Johnny

SW Scotland
  • Oh my word, the sky pictures are beautiful - wow!  Such a contrast of red and evening dark clouds.  We get glorious sunsets over the sea hereimage but these are wonderful Johnny canoe.

• steephillsteephill Posts: 2,193

Verdun, the Sony A500 would now be considered an antique in the digital world as it was introduced about 7 years ago. I would be surprised to see it still offered for sale new today unless it was very cheap old stock being cleared out. It will certainly take decent photos and will be more than good enough for most people's needs though. There is also another Sony, the A5000 which is a current model. It is a different design of camera from the A500 so isn't just an updated version of the older model.

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,483

Never mind the power lines, Johnny, the lovely colours more than make up for them. image

S. E. NSW