Forum home The potting shed

Camera Talk

• Did some biking along river today, west side of the city.

imageimageimageimageimage

Canada Olympic Park and the Rocky Mountains

imageimage

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,483

Very nice Johnny. I love your photos.

S. E. NSW
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,088

Hello folks!  I've not posted a lot on the forum recently for various reasons, but have really enjoyed looking at your photos (and doing the online jigsaws of Fairygirl's beautiful Scottish landscapes!).  

My phone, on which I take a lot of photos, is no longer talking to the Chromebook - so if I'm going to post any pictures they'll have to be direct from my phone.  So this is an experiment to see if I can upload something from my recent bramble-bashing trip to Devon.  :-)

It's a bit tedious but better than nothing!  More may follow later in the day. 

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Oh no, not tedious at all. But I'm a farm boy through and through, I can look at a content and heathy herd of cattle all day long. And your picture is a even more interesting to me, there is no ocean here in Alberta for a backdrop. Perfect picture in my opinion.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,088

Thank you, Johnny!  

I meant the process of posting photos from my phone (rather than from the Chromebook) was tedious, not the view.  Nor the cattle.  Devon Red, I believe, and lovely placid beasts - a gorgeous cinnamon colour.  image

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,673

It is a good picture Liri.   Worth the effort.

These are some of my new neighbours after Bonzo dog barked at them through the fence

These are they coming back and being curious - Blondes d'Aquitaine.

This new house dates from 1930 and, we think, is a former barn.  The original house is a ruin.

The pots are what I brought from our old garden in Belgium, house circa 1770 and brick built.  Been here nearly 4 weeks and have lots to do to make new beds and homes for them all.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Oh, my mistake. Yes it must be tedious. I never carry a phone around, I hate them.  So I suppose if I fall off the side of a hill while biking and hurt myself badly, I'll just lay there and die. My last thought will probably be, I guess it's too late to reconsider that cell phone thingy.

• So  you have neighbours Obelixx - they are very attractive and I absolutely adore your old house - so much potential - what are you going to do with it? You must post pictures of your progress in the garden - it will be a lot of work but very rewarding I would imagine.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,327

Loads of lovely photos again here  image

Love your cow 'friends' obelixx. You posted them before and I forgot to comment. As GD says, hope you will show us lots of before and after pix of the new project.  We had some 'holidaying coos' across the road from my old house. They rented the field from the neighbour for the young 'uns 

The 'Hielan' coos' are always great to see when you're on a walk though. Thes were the youngsters  in Glen Fyne last year image

I read someone's walk report for this hill, and the wife was too scared to go by them, so they went home! They're at the farm at the start of the walk, so that was a wasted day image

Johnny - we're getting the opposite issue here now. Many young people are hillwalking and only taking a phone with them. They're relying on that for photos and their GPS, as well as a phone. They don't take paper maps or use any other method for navigation. Really dangerous. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....