Forum home The potting shed

Camera Talk

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,327

Verdun - I can't tell you what it does for the soul image

All the hillwalkers on the walk forum I use get so excited in this kind of weather - like a bunch of kids on Christmas Day! The walk reports for the Munros at this time of year are full of photos that take your breath away. When a hill is hidden and it reveals itself as you reach the summit - it does make you cry. It was pretty windy, so tricky to keep the camera still, but I took a 360 degree video as well. Would need daughter's help to put it on image

Less snow than normal for the time of year - some melt since last weekend - but still sharp enough to make the peat hags easier to walk on as they're nicely frozen  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Stunning again, Fg.....I'm all out of  superbitives to praise your efforts. image

I always appreciate your comments David. You've helped me use my camera better too. It's not always easy to structure shots when you're up there - the wind can make it very tricky and you can't take your gloves off for long. Many of the views are similar to last week's as those two hills are part of a circuit. I dropped down to the valley and skirted round the bottom of the hill I did last week. 

No bum sliding though - too rocky on the best bits...imageimage

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Gorgeous pictures fairygirl image

• Hope you don't mind me saying, Fg....just a slight tinkering with shadows & brightly lit areas would make the 'sheep shot' magnificent.

Can't play around much this morning myself, as a few Mother's Day things going on. image

I'm always happy for you to tinker David...  image

I have to admit I mainly use the auto adjust, because I'd spend as long fiddling with the pix as I do walking! image

Couple more - looking north-ish up Loch Lomond with Ben Vorlich on the left, the Crianlarich hills and some of the Tyndrum and Orchy ones as well in the background

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/DSCF1645_zps49ev8wq0.jpg

and the good old Cobbler  from the second summit

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/DSCF1670_zpsr9am1u5c.jpg

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Gorgeous fairy image

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Magnificent scenery Fairyimage.  I though about you yesterday because I was frozen just taking the dog out.  You're a hardy soulimage.

Lesley image

It probably wasn't more than about minus 6 or 7 on the top of Bhreac. Not high enough for it be really cold. You're on the move all the time too - except when taking photos!

It was very pleasant down in the lower slopes when you got some shelter from the wind too. Bit boggy - but my trousers are soaking in the bucket to get the peaty muck off. It will be a lot worse in another month when the melt comes down, and the inevitable spring rain.