Forum home The potting shed

Monty Don talk @ Preston Guild Hall Nov 2016

Just found out that Monty is giving a talk called 'Down to Earth' at Preston Guild Hall on Sunday 13th November 2016.

http://www.prestonguildhall.com/events/view/327

Its a talk about his life, travels, behind the scenes filming, and his own garden. Tickets cost £21.50

Ive just booked myself a ticket, sadly the wife isn't at all interested so I'm going on my Jack Jones! Its a 2hr drive from Sheffield but Im looking forward to this.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

image image

Devon.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,257

Leadfarmer - I went to this when he came to Camberley last year - it was a great eveningimage. He tells a really good story, and comes over really naturally.  Hope you enjoy itimageimageimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Thats good to know chicky, I'm sure I will enjoy it. I assume he just gives one talk at one location? Was hoping he'd be visiting Sheffield.

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,847
    Ditto Chicky's comments - saw him in Bury St Edmunds a few months ago - entertaining, funny, self deprecating - really enjoyed it.

Hosta - Stop pulling faces whenever MD is mentioned imageimage
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

Moi? image

Devon.
  • Did a 2hr drive up to Preston last night to see Monty give his 'Down To Earth' presentation. It really was worth going to. He presented it very well, and discussed his Longmeadow garden from its infancy. Plenty of humour added in also. Well worth seeing.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,189

Glad you enjoyed the evening we tried to get tickets but left it to late, only tickets left were on row 'w' so we didn't go.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,257

Glad it was worth the wait LFimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.