Forum home Talkback

Cat deterrent

Hello all. I have just watched a video on you tube, where it shows a variety of cats being frightened by cucumbers! I may try putting some around my garden.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,756

another £1 for me. image

Devon.
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Plenty of £1 for you Hosta...cumbers won't work even if some clips are amusing, at the expense of cat's being scared witless. If you sneak up and put anything near a feeding cat it will jump ..Don't imagine you can sneak up in a garden image if you are there the cats won't be image

• maureen60maureen60 Posts: 193
    Thanks for the info, I will forget about the cucumber.
  • Bannnas work better. They contain a chemical that is the same as one bees release when they sting.

Nothing can keep a determined cat out. Best solution is to get yourself a cat, but even that isn't guarenteed to work either.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

image cat's being scared....... read cats. 

Bananas image far better to eat them or ripen tomatoes with in the Autumn image

• Brick-sack-canal.....way to go! image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,815

David - why would you put bananas and cucumbers in the canal?  image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Sorry, Miss....hope most would know I wasn't being serious. image

Don't try this at home, kids!

• EsspeeEsspee Posts: 272

I was given a contraption which shoots a jet of water at passing moggies - well that is the theory.  In practice I have never seen a cat being zapped but it is expert at getting me right between the shoulder blades as I try to outsmart it by sprinting past to the compost heap.

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

Ooh Esspee, I could do with one of those to shoot cold callers!  Trouble is I suppose it would get legit. visitors like the postman.....  :/