Forum home Plants

Identification please

This fantastic shrubby plant is 2 foot high and has flowered all summer. Brilliant scarlet bright green leaves. It was bought at Hampton court flower show but I could not read the label. The gent on the stand was temporary and he said it was new. Unfortunately, I lost the catalogue when looking after the purchases. This is today's photo, so it is very hardy. Any one able to help please? I am trying to put the photo on.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,789

Valerie image  Click on the green tree icon to upload a photo image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Sorry Dove, I don't seem to have one. Will try to find it

Are you posting from a laptop or ..........?

Check that your Settings are set to Advanced.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ipad, I was able to to post before, now I cannot find it, will keep trying

• Thanks Dovefromabove, clicked on advanced and rebooted, these are the photos of the plant. For me it's certainly a winner and any name or quesses would be appreciated. But it seems to be liking the conditions I have given it. Taken a cutting just in case.

image  The leaves look familiar, but not with that flower ... someone???

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,091

Any smell to leaves or flower?

how many petals?

What's the lowest temperature it's survived so far?

It doesn't look very hardy

• Thanks for the interest. No smell on leaves or flowers. The flower looks like a flared trumpet with shape of petals round the edge. It's flowered all summer as though it's an annual and I have just cut it down to keep it bushy and without wind rock.

It had so many flowers dozens - and lovely colour. 

• On the coast in devon it's mild, we had a few nights frosty one down to minus 2. But it's a warm climate.