Forum home Plants

Help with my Katsura tree seedlings please??

Hi all, I am growing Katsura Trees, as you can see in the picture the seedlings are just coming through but I am confused as to why there are leafy seedlings and grass-like seedlings, which are the correct Katsura seedlings please? I am guessing its the grassy ones as these are coming through more but i am slightly confused, can anyone advise please? image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,942

I'm guessing its not a grass, but the other one I don't know. I think you will have to grow it on a bit more until you can tell. The compost available at the moment is full of recycled rubbish. I get allsorts germinating which I didn't sow. I've been nurturing a tray of what were supposed to be astrantia, and they now look more like docks.image

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,091

The broad leaved seedling could be the Katsura. I don't know them well enough to say for sure. The grasses are grasses, a grass will never turn into a tree. Pull them out, they'll grow quickest and steal any available food and water.