Fishing for sympathy!

I am watching Monty's Italian Gardens from my hospital bed. I had a fascinating birthday yesterday, with an unexpected gift. An emergency appendectomy... I'll be back!

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Oh poor you Steveimage.  You don't have to fish for sympathy - you can have it in spadesimage.  Not a very nice way to spend your birthday but you'll have to be like the Queen and have a second one when you're fit and wellimage.  

• Thanks folks.

Flipping 'eck Verdun!
  • LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    Steve get well soonimage
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Get well soon Steve.

At least you won't get the same pressie next year image

• One of the gloriously surreal moments of yesterday which was hugely touching was being serenaded with a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday by staff from the surgical team as I was wheeled in for my op.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,606

Get well soon Steve!  ((hugs))

Looking forward to seeing you back - fully recovered and ready for spring! 

Just think how much worse it would have been if you'd been taken ill in April! imageimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Snow MaidenSnow Maiden South Coast UKPosts: 862

Oh gosh Steve!! What a way to spend your birthday........!

Belated birthday wishes as well as 'get well ' soon ones are speeding their way over to you. Definitely have a 2nd one when you come home, take care x

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114
    Flipping heck that's awful, you get well soon and we will have your Birthday cake ready for you when you get out ; )
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,214

Poor you. Get well soon. Happy birthday.image

At least the NHS hasn't collapsed to the point where you have to do it yourself

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32481442

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.