BBC looking for new Gardeners World presenter

I just saw that some people mentioned on the Forkers thread that the BBC is looking for a new presenter for Gardeners's World, next to the current ones.

I first heard about that about a week ago. image

Details here, but you have to be quick if you want to apply image.

http://www.hortweek.com/bbc-search-new-gardeners-world-presenter/retail/article/1379056

Monty Don metioned it on Twitter on 13 January.

https://twitter.com/TheMontyDon

So in case you think you'd be the ideal candidate....

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,155

get alys fowler back please..

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,622

I go with either. Alys seemed to disappear along with Toby Buckland. 

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,622

If they want fresh blood, why not try a youngster. What was the name of that young lad at Chelsea last year... he seemed a natural.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

think I'd like to see Dove! sorry can't be doing with Alys Fowler she seems to be trying too hard all the time,found her own series v annoying, though maybe that was the ridiculous scrathy 'vintage ' camerawork employed. like Toby Buckland

• FruitcakeFruitcake Posts: 810

I reckon Terry Walton could have a regular allotment slot image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,977

Chris Beardshaw or Matthew Wilson for me.   Both fully qualified, with wide experience and are articulate so can communicate their knowledge and enthusiasm to others.  

Unlikely to happen though as both would show up Monty's shortcomings.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Geoff Hamilton's son perhaps ?

Or Mr. Titchmarsh could get back to his roots.

Russel Sprout ?  Too green I thinkimage

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Anyone other than the woman who looks like she needs her hair washing and a good scrub imageimage

Mr T fan here image