Nesting box

I have a blue tit going in a nesting box in my garden is it normal this time of year , I do get a blue tit in the nest box every year , thanks 

• Birds go 'house hunting' year round - like we check out property websites. (Just seeing what's on the market). They may roost alone or in clutches during bad weather inside bird boxes and pouches though. They also pop in for snacks on spiders, earwigs etc.

Feb is when serious territory battles for nest sites kicks off. They have to fight for a patch and partner so if you hear or see squabbles then mating and nesting has begun.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,682

It probably isn't nesting yet, just sheltering.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,848

Spidering maybe?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • daydaisydaydaisy Posts: 364

I think you are right Busy-Lizzie. I believe several birds have been photographed snuggled up inside a nesting box. My other half has just put another box up in our garden, I hope the birds make use of it in the cold spell just forcast

• Thanks for your replays 

• That's fantastic. I found a nest in an empty plant pot, in the basket of my bicycle which I keep in the garage .
  • Only the second week of January and I have already heard Great Tits, Chaffinches, Dunnocks, Goldfinches and Greenfinches singing their territorial/mating calls.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,029
    Same here Tootsietim.
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh