(Untitled)

Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Self set itself in a damp shady sheltered area 3 yrs ago, is the pink thing a friend or foe?

• XX Posts: 707

From what I can see KEF, it looks like Spiraea douglasii, really rampant and suckering, loves damp areas. Ok if you have the room but I've found it difficult to control once its got a hold.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Thanks Paula, I think you ? might have I.D. it for me before but I wanted to post it now it's fully open.

What to do ?? Will sleep on it.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,243

I identified it in Garden Gallery. I have one and I just pull up the suckers every year, it's not as bad as some things, like lamium and a huge yellow rudbeckia I have.

Dordogne and Norfolk

Thanks Lizzie, I knew someone had ID it for me. I must say that I do like it and it grows and gives colour in a place where I need some. I think it will stay and I'll pull up the suckers.

Whilst you're here can I ask if you overwinter your Pasque flowers in the greenhouse? The two that I bought are in pots and it would be easy to do. Thanks.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,243

I only have one Pasque flower which has lived outside for years. I don't think they like being moved and they don't care for a heavy wet soil. But they are hardy.

Dordogne and Norfolk

Thanks Lizzie, they will have to go into G/H in their pots I have heavy clay soil.