Forum home Talkback

Please identify my flowering plant in my garden

Hi doesanyone does anyonemhavemanymidea what plhas app appeared in my garden. It has a pink carnation type flower head which is about 2.25 diameter.The leaves are light green and saw toothed. The plant is about 1 foot tall.image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,525

We'll need a photograph please Keith - to upload a pic just click on the tree icon in the toolbar above where you post a message and follow the instructions image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Yes having problem with my Ipad cheers I continue to try cheers

• Picture of plant hopefully

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,204

Nope

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

plant in question

Peony flowered opium poppy. Papaver somniferum. Save the seed and scatter around if you want more. They do not yield opium in this country as we do not have enough day length and heat.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Thankyou very much amazing quick response. Anymore info from any other subscribers would be very welcome. Ismthismclassed as a wild flower?

The flower is starting to wilt unfortunately

Not a wild flower in this country. This is probably a cultivar called pink chiffon.

If you let the seed pod dry, the seeds store well and you can scatter them next spring where you want them.

• franco6832franco6832 Posts: 105

from the leaves, it looks like the wild double flowered opium poppies.