New Year's Day 2016 Flower Count

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,990

Maybe it will Hazel image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,739

I think El Niño is caused by pods of farting whales.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,925

Successive El Nino's have been getting stronger, perhaps that is the change bit of climate.

You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand

It will be another year of records Verdun, I'm not trying to prove climate change is or isn't happeningimage

I prefer to keep an open mind, I think I'm successful in that as things keep falling out. image

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,122

How many flowers on a plant constitutes ;in flower;?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,541

As far as I'm concerned one flower is a flower.  That's how I've always counted them.

I don't think I've got as many flowers blooming this New Year as last - but that's partly due to the fact that we don't have any tubs of winter pansies/violas etc.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

One completely open Berghill, so you can see the working parts inside. and not so  frosted that it's unrecognisable. 

each species/hybrid counts as one, so all my entire collection of Helleborus orientalis scores 1

You can make your own rules to suit yourself but I stick with the ones I started off with because it's a long term record

Though I have to admit if you asked me to produce the early ones I wouldn't know where to start looking.image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.