Hosepipe ban

I wonder if there will be a hosepipe ban next year. image 

• They had the sprinklers going before the Sunderland v Liverpool match tonight! image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,969

ppauper - that's really taking the **** surely? image image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Better not be a hosepipe ban ! That's how I wash my feet in the Summer image

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

What is a hosepipe ban? We send our water abroad there is so much of it, I never understood why they do not sink a pipe line South, instead they ship it out in trucks utter madness. Keilder is used as a sports centre with boats and midges, well what else would you use water for.

Frank.

• Mel MMel M Posts: 347

Cornwall never has hosepipe bans. Probably will now!!!

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,914

The same as we are now in the midst of an "exceptionally cold hard winter", remember hearing that on TV?  Verdun, you need a smack, if that happens, you can come and help me water.  I have 5 water butts, they were all empty for quite some weeks in the summer.  Coming into their own now, Hubby has been refitting the bathroom FOREVER, had to remove basin and loo to lay tile floor, loo is there attached to soil pipe, but not mains, so its manual flush.   Never thought I would be glad to have full water butts in winter!

• Where is Dennis Howell  - the minister for drought? Should there not be a Minister for Floods? -or is he too scared he might loose his job should there be a sudden heat wave in winter?

• We should pipe our water to france /Germany in the summer and charge them a fortune.