Stratification and species tulips?
Last year I planted a lot of woodland tulip seeds in Autumn. They came up, but they did it too soon - and then they died again when the real freeze set in. So I'm doing the same again this year and am having a bad attack of the fumbling quivers trying to decide when to put them in. I am going to keep them chilled until the weather is warming up, but I'm going this way and that worrying when to do it. This time I'm having a go at growing three different species tulips from middle east too. I have no idea when, and for how long they would best be stratified. I have my seed-recipe soil ready and sterilised, little trays ready, a space in the fridge ready, but I still have the dithers over when. I've found conflicting information, and little of it on the internet. It seems most people are sensible and buy the bulbs instead.