Forum home The potting shed

To my loyal subjects

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,468

As you all know, the Royal missive to the nation is pre recorded sometime in July. So now that one has one's feet up against the fire and a couple of sweet sherries inside one there is time to say hello to one's Forker subjects. It is so pleasant to read over the various thoughts that the proletariat have on diverse matters such as cat excrement in one's beds. (How they can sleep at night is beyond one's ken). Here, at Buck House, the corgis are fully trained to keep all such nonsense at bay and the matter of bedding is taken care of by someone or other, I don't know who as I've never met them.

Anyway, wishing you all a very pleasant festive season, crap notwithstanding.

Hoorah for one. Hoorah for all.

Farewell until next year.

Liz2.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,502

All this One can say is, thank goodness it's the D of E's turn to do the washing up - far too much of the Christmas Spirit imbibed by this Royal Bird image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,468

Flunkeys are worth the money, don't you agree?image

• imageI never knew you wore a crown Pansyface.......presumably you take it off when gardening or doing something grubby.....like talking to your subjects.

Could you just have a word with the BBC and ask them ( nay...demand ) to stop the excrutiating anthem played on the birthdays of all royal personnel.  Does my head in  ( or in royal speak.......makes me want to image my innards ).  Oh and the pics of royal babies......give us a break Liz.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

not a fan philippa tee hee

Devon.

You're sick of the national anthem? Believe me, it follows one around everywhere. Does my head in some days. Other times I just turn the hearing aid off.image

Apart from my ambivalence towards the royal family, our national anthem really is a total dirge , isn't  it?

Devon.
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

For my first one I didn't think you did too bad your Maj image 

Could have done without your song though and the carol at the end image

One wishes that one still had the Battenberg connections - not only a rousing martial tune "#Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles?...#" but a jolly good cake to go with it.

Did you spot me down at the Blue Ball then Panda? One's second best tiara was glinting nicely, eh?

now I do love a nice tiara.

Devon.

Pop round anytime and have a shufty Hosta.image