Downton vs Eastenders

Corry and Downton has us sorted for the night.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,622

Verdun, you need to watch it to make  a judgement. Many of the "upstairs" folk are painted as vile, while many "below" are wonderful.

I've loved it from the very start

Totally agree about eastenders,  Unattractive , inarticulate people arguing with each other.

Devon.
  • Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,230

I have to agree with Verdun about Downton. The 5% lording it over the rest of us commoners kept in our place....

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,230

I apologise Jo if I've offended you, it was not my intention. My feelings however regarding Downton remain the same.

I did see Avatar this afternoon on Film 4. Love that film and am very much looking forward to Harry Price Ghost Hunter image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Crumbs!  I feel as if I should touch me forelock and curtsey (or something like that).  Actually, I have enjoyed Downton, and loved the prog tonight.  I have been given the box set as a present, and the accompanying book.  I don't feel patronised or downtrodden (see the near-play-on-words there? image).  The drama, the costumes etc have all been pretty good, even if a bit sanitised.  But it is entertainment pure and simple.  If I want to think a bit more about the class system and its implications, then I suspect that one J. Corbyn Esq will give me a masterclass.  image

Each to their own.  One man's meat is another man's poison - and I have loved the escapism of Downton.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,858

Last night I watched Sinatra with Gene Kelly, Toy Story and How to train your Dragon ( image ) - then repeats of Have I got News For You.

Then fell asleep image

Today I will watch The Nutcracker which I recorded when I was out yesterday. 

Christmas Day telly is usually pretty rotten unless you like the soaps, Downton or whatever the current flavour of the month is. I don't watch any of the usual favourite shows so Having Toy Story to watch, yet again,  was great! image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,412

The Titchfield Thunderbolt last night image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh