Forum home Talkback

What passes you by?

Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,786

I was talking to my niece and her husband about fave music and he said " music plays no part in my life" I was shocked.

It's not Room 101, not trying to have anything banned,just lighthearted banter, but what things which others love play no part in your life?

When I started thinking about it, mine is a pretty long list.

"celebrity culture", the royal family, religion ( sorry ) pets ( sorry ) sport and cooking spring to mind. 

Devon.

• I'd go with most of your list Hostafan but maybe not pets ( even the dreaded "C's" mean a lot to people ) and cooking........can be a bit boring but how else are you going to exist ?    Everything raw ?image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,091

all Hosta's except cookingimage

television

shopping

politics

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,786

I don't want anything outlawed,

I'm just curious about things which are loved by some but don't pull the chains of others. I know folk who love sport ,, lots of folk on the forum love pets, which is great, but I just don't see the attraction, but more than happy that these things are loved by them.

I don't like "cooking" but I love food, someone else has to do the cooking. image

Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,367

Hosta - I'd find that impossible to deal with, especially as my Dad was a musician. Music is a very big part of my life and always has been.

I could happily live without most reality shows and the assorted no marks that inhabit them - never watch any of them apart from Bake off and the painting one. I don't read any of the various magazines that accompany all Z list celebrities either, so I wouldn't miss those. In fact - I suppose I'm already living without them in my life! image

I could happily live without smart clothes - never wear them image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

oh yes Nut. I'm officially the only poof in the land who hates shopping ( except for the garden, which clearly doesn't count)

Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,367

Oh shopping - yes! What is the attraction? image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

that's what shocked me fairy, how can anyone hate music?

I'm sure lots don't understand my lack of interest ( NOT HATRED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM ) regarding pets. I'm happy with them in others houses, just don't want them in mine.

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,091

But life without music?image would I survive?

now verdun, keep it light. image

More things that wash  over us, rather than upset / outrage us. We've done those in Room 101

Devon.