Alternative Christmas

What do you do when other people are surrounded by friends, family and the angst of providing dinner, presents, etc. ?

If the weather is decent, I often work in the garden or greenhouse.......this year I am painting my bedroom.  Sad isn't it ?image 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,190

We thought a bit of festive tree surgery would be in order.

The road will be quiet and some of the willow branches will need to come down on it.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,928

We're dining on lobster and salad, and if the weather's anything like decent we'll go for a walk across the marshes - if it's not then we'll put our feet up, read, listen to music and maybe watch a film.

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 18,296

probably mess about in garden / polytunnel until I'm summoned for food.

I'll speak to my daughters during the morning.

"meeting" on here during the queen's speech.

Corry and Downton and bed.

Nothing sad about painting your bedroom philippa. If that's what you want to do, then go for it. 

Devon.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 12,621

I think it's unlikely that we shall be able to make the 5.30 am carol singing at Sparrowpit so we will probably turn up for the 9.45 am one in Stanningron village, accompanied by Stannington brass band (nobody will be lying in in Stanningron after they begin). If it's not raining, (unlikely), we'll go for a walk over the moors. Back home for some soup and a cheese or two. Then out for evening carols in the pretty little village of Foolow where the singers "traipse" round the houses and sing a carol outside the major ones.

Enough hilarity and energy consumption for one day.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

EeeeEughh....image

Er..maybe next year jo, thanks.image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 22,076

I'll footer on here over breakfast while the girls snore in their pits. Then we'll open stockings and prezzies and have some lunch before the girls go to their Dad's. Then I'll go to the cemetery and be back to heat up leftovers and snore on the settee image

I will join you all on here at some point in the early evening too I expect image

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

so Dove's having lobster, we're having pulled pork, who else is having an "alternative" meal.?

Devon.

sounds yummity yum jo

Devon.