Forum home Tools and techniques

Greenhouse clips for bubble wrap


I am after some greenhouse clips to attach bubble wrap to a greenhouse frame with an air gap - I have found the alliplug style ones but am looking for some which don't tear the bubble wrap. My partners Dad has some which similarly to the alliplug slot into the aluminium frame and then stick out to create the airgap, but then a 'cap' sits the other side of the insulation to clip the two together rather than piercing the wrap. Can't seem to find them anywhere, anyone seen them online or in shops?

Thanks in advance image



  • this is what your after I think ebay search greenhouse clips


     and you also buy the other part that fits in side these clips



  • BrendaWBrendaW Posts: 10

    Yep indeed James or try Amazon (greenhouse fixing clips)


  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,102

    But when you push and twist the clips for the fittings shown above, they will make holes in the bubble wrap.


    I have no idea what Holly wants, i use the method as shown here. Very cheap from ebay 

    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

  • These above clips are useless they break the minute you use them and are not worth the money, I have several greenhouses to do I have used tape in the past in areas where clips don't fit but that wont last the season.

  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,102

    I am still using those same clips, bought four years ago, however, the bubble wrap has perished this year, just disintegrates when touched. I am not going to bother this year but will drape fleece over any tender plants. 

    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

  • CeresCeres Posts: 2,149

    I have some clips like these.

    I gave up using the bubble wrap insulation years ago but find the clips are great for tying in plants to the greenhouse frame during the summer.

Sign In or Register to comment.