Sprouts! Yes or no?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,720

Eat - yes, love 'em

Grow - no ....but maybe next yearimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • No don't grow them.

imageimage don't like them either and cabbage is worse imageimageimageimage

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,149

Love sprouts. Unfortunately pigeons love them too.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • This is the first year I've successfully grown my own - I'm off to pick them of Wednesday image 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Yes to sprouts - love themimage  No, afraid I don't grow them (yet).

Bubble and squeak is practically gourmetimage

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    I have grown them but the second year the cabbage white caterpillars got there first, but I love them I like every veg but just got used to fruitimage
  • Have grown them very successfully in my very first vegetable patch 100 years ago,

HOWEVER....

don't eat them because they are clean rotten, stinkin, mingin, boggin and generally not very nice. Also when I was little I ate them whole and one day I had one that was too big so I cut it in two and found a worm! BOGGIN!!!!!

• I grow them every year and this year's look pretty good (last year there were hardly any). I keep them under netting to protect them from pigeons and caterpillars!

• I think sprouts are disgusting but Dh likes them and next year I'll attempt to grow them.

My mum tried to hide them in bubble and squeak and soups but I could always taste image