black bamboo

Hi I am looking for a supplier of bamboo fence screening of a good quality and ideally black bamboo...I have seen it on some sites but the price is 70.00 for 2m x 2m, Do any of you know of a cheaper one by any chance?

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    Hi denise have a look on eBay there's some on there but the black is dearerimage
  • Bamboo can be stained black with manganese. May I suggest to buy a golden bamboo screen and staining it?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,718

I had P. Nigra in my garden for about 10 years and it never got more than about 60cm in diameter.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,698

I think Denise is looking for this sort of bamboo http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/7/6/8/0/7/0/webimg/668807702_o.jpg

unlikely to spread no matter where 'planted' image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi all I am looking for a "fence" screen not real bamboo plants..I can only find it online for around 60 to 70 pounds for 2m x 2m...so expensive considering it grows like weeds!!! but Thank you to all who posted. xx and I know Blair can be a little, shall we say, annoying from previous posts!! be nice Blair its the season of good will mate x

• dovefromabove that is exactly what I am looking for! x

• yes jo47...i think so too

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,698

Think there was a sort of 'focus' on growing bamboo on Sunday evening Tetley, so an easy mistake to make image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,930

Maybe you could get the pale stuff and use a dark shade of cuprinol (other wood stains are available)on it.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3