Forum home Plants

Plants think it's Spring

Dave HumbyDave Humby HampshirePosts: 1,131

My parrots bill / lobster claw plant is confused.com image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469
    What a beauty! Looks very tropical.
  • kathy 6kathy 6 Posts: 261

Oh my goodness!! I have plants with the odd flower out of season but this is spectacular!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Amazing!!

• Lovely,

I've seen this plant before but can't remember what it's called please someone put me out of my misery.

• That's it!!!!!

thank you philippa I can sleep tonight now.

• Hi Dave, what part of the country are you gardening in? Is your lovely plant growing on a south facing wall? I've been wondering if early flowering spring plants will flower again in the right season, my euphorbias are showing some flowers & full of buds! Jan

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Morning Dave, love your plant, just hope the weather does not change and freezes everything, I've got bulbs Tulips popping up and I'm in the NW, it's still raining cats and dogs tho none stop image

• Couple of pics from garden 20 minutes ago: I think a lot of plants are confused.

• soulboysoulboy Posts: 429

I'm in Sheffield and as elsewhere the weather's been so mild that plants are responding as if it's Spring. I have flower buds on some of the daffodils, all of which are in an advanced state of growth, as are the tulips.

All my primulas and primroses are in abundant flower, although that is not so unusual as they will flower two or three times a year if conditions are right.

I had to cut back my bush rose because it started producing new flowers in October, I have marigolds that haven't stopped flowering all year. I even have some new red clover that has just flowered.

This might be tempting fate but I'd really like to see some cold and wintery weather so that there's something left for Springtime.