Forum home Plants

While I was at France I took a cutting,it's rooted but what is it?

Please help me ID it

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,484

Hard to see from here but could possibly be  one of the Opuntias but no idea which (there are hundreds of them).

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• yeah I thought the same because handling it I got pricked and it was like a hair image very painful 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,431
    Now when you pick a pawpaw Or a prickly pear And you prick a raw paw Next time beware Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw When you pick a pear Try to use the claw But you don't need to use the claw When you pick a pear of the big pawpaw Have I given you a clue ?
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,484

Aw, I knew you reminded me of someone Hosta ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dhSdnDb3tk

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

has anyone ever eaten the fruit? I''ve come across them all over the place , but never eaten one.

Devon.
  • image Thank you everyone for the ID and it really does hurt i had the cut it off the plant myself as I had no tools on me but it really is fasinateing image and wait it produces fruit? That's amazing 

Dove, thanks for that. it's the best song ever written.

Devon.

thanks philippa. I'll try one next time I see one. 

I used to make OH sing the bear necessities song every time we passed them on the way to the beach in Corfu.

Devon.
  • S France is where mine came from too image

king of the swingers. what a masterpiece it is. From the best film ever made.

Devon.