sprouts

can any one tell me what iv'e done wrong ? yesterday I went up to my allotment for the first time since early september (ankle op)  it's a bit overgrown but not as bad as I expected , the thing is my sprouts all seem to have blown ! the plants have grown well and produced a loads of budsbut theyv'e opened up like small cabages !

they chap on the next plot seems to have done well with his ,could it be because iv'e left the fine netting over them ?

any help or addvice  appreciated , thanks in addvance .DD

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,565

Hi Derbyduck image  Hope the ankle's recovering image

The usual reason for sprouts blowing is that the plants aren't well trodden into the ground when planted and then staked - if they blow and rock in the wind that causes the sprouts to blow.

Blown sprouts are brilliant washed, quartered and stir fried with little bits of fried bacon, slivers of almonds and some lemon zest image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Iv'e just been on my email site and it tells me iv,e a reply from Dove from above but   I carn't see any thing ! iv'e noticed before that some of the post don't make sense because of missing replys ,is it just me or do others have the same problem ?

Derby Disgruntled. LOL

It looks as if Derbyduck might have Ignored me - hopefully by accident - can someone please explain to her how to un-ignore me image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nope it's not showing up could someone else but up the reply please as it seems to be Dove ?

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Hi Derby image

Right at the top of the screen on the right you see your name.

Click and scroll down until you see Forum settings.

Look at blocked list and I guess Dovefromabove appears. Press the red cross to remove her from the blocked list image

Thank KEF - hope that does the trick image

Hope I've said it right image

• thanks KEF job sorted image.

Dove I wouldn't ignore you and thank you for the replies image also  I is a he not a she .lol

Hi you masculine person glad you are sorted image

derbyduck wrote (see)

thanks KEF job sorted image.

Dove I wouldn't ignore you and thank you for the replies image also  I is a he not a she .lol

Whoops!  image   Whadda mistake a to make a    !!!

I know what it's like it affects your whole self image doesn't it?   There have been times when I've been called Dave image