tastiest cherry tomatoes to grow recommendations?

I love eating piccolo tomatoes and am planning to try growing a few seed snext year

Can anyone recommend  their favourite cherry tomato? success rates/failures

bankers every year?

let me know if you get time

thanks

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,624

sweet million did well for me this year

Devon.
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 8,244

Sungold (F1): (yellow) excellent flavour but they are very sweet which not everyone prefers.  Extremely reliable - these usually crop first and are the last to finish for me.

Suncherry Premium (F1): as above but red and slightly less sweet.

Last year I also bought a cherry tomato plant collection as well as my usual dozen or so varieties from seed.  It was the Sun plant collection from Mr Fothergills.  They were ALL fantastic with my favourite being 'sunpeach' which has all of the flavour of sungold and suncherry but not as sweet.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,720

Having read loads about Sungold, I tried it this year - it did well and was very tastyimage

Gardeners Delight is a banker for me every year.

Both are hardly adventurous....but I guess they are everyone's favourite for a reasonimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,624

GD always reliable. I've got sungold for next year when Mr Fothergills did the £1 a packet weekend.

Devon.
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

My outdoor ones called DAVE image Ask Clarington how they taste image

• ildi was very good for me outdoors, but baby yellow pear is tasteless, And striped green sausage is lovely although not a cherry, my favourite.

• Revisiting the "Cherry Toms" thread: although a big fan of Gardeners' Delight, I'm also rather taken by Cherry Belle and, more recently by Chocolate Cherry. Good results on all three varieties when grown indoors, indifferent outdoors though.

• I agree with Bob. Have grown Sungold for a couple of years in hanging baskets. Very tasty to eat when warmed by the sun.

I've also grown Gardeners Delight which were good too.

My grandpa in law used to grow Shirley, Gardeners Delight, Moneymaker and Alicante.

I also grow Costoluto Fiorentino. Its a large tomato but very tasty, lots of flesh. I grow it in a big pot outside where it gets the sun all day and I get good sized tomatoes.