HELP!!!!!

Ok, I need advice very very quickly...There is something wrong with my garden, there are large cracks up and down my soil and grass, I water the garden regularly so they are not due to dehydration, I have tried to fill up the cracks with water from the hose to see how deep it was but the cracks never filled up. I am rather worried about this. I am a UK resident...And advice?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,257

Any big trees around? type of soil?   Lots of big cracks under our oak, on clay soil. They will close up again in the winter.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • marshmellomarshmello Posts: 683

Can you take a photograph ? It may help to analyse the problem.

• No these cracks are in the grass and flowerbeds, nowhere near any big trees...

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

What is your garden built over?quarry/,mine shaft? may be worth looking at the deeds.

• Picture of cracks

• I have tried to fill up the cracks from my hose, but they never fill...

I don't think there anything to worry about. Could be a ant channel or just dry earth. 

Have you tried pushing a bamboo cane down into this crack ? How far does it go.

• It looks pretty deep, I dont think its dry earth or anything like that...that isnt the only crack, they are all around the borders of the flower beds, all through the grass and next to the pavement

Does the crack run into any neighbouring land/gardens ? or is your garden a isolated case in your area.

I would still try and push a cane/stick into the crack like, if it disappeared you'd def have to look more indepth into the problem and get a expert round.