Christmas presents for Gardeners

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,985

My Under Gardener has enquired what he should get me for Christmas - I have wracked my brains for something I really want ........ and I put in my request today - good body/hand lotion and a Voucher for materials and Under Gardener's Labour  to build new compost bins and a pergola / trellis   in the area near where the tree was felled to screen the utility area image

What do you really want for Christmas?

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,535
    I'd like a greenhouse image
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 13,808

I always want garden stuff or kitchen stuff.  OH is resigned to it but Possum always moans that it's boring but that's what I want.  This year it would be more big, attractive plastic pots cos the ceramic ones are just too heavy to heave about when full, timber and paint and help to make some GH obelisks for my clems, some decent new gardening gloves, a magic wand to wave over my hands and nails which are in their usual end of year post gardening blitz state.

Other than that a complete new wardrobe, a new sewing machine cos mine died and a Karcher pressure washer but those aren't going to happen......

I like the idea of a dry stone wall and a new pergola but they'll have to wait for my next garden.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Kathy 2Kathy 2 Posts: 109

Like Logan, I would really like a greenhouse - but only have a tiny garden and no room for one.   image

Also for the neighbour's cat or whatever else it is to stop taking blackbirds and pigeons from the garden - all that is left is usually a blackbird's beak or a pile of feathers!!!!imageimage

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 18,303

I'd really like about 10 tons of well rotted farm manure. Please.

Devon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,378

Just had an email. I am nearing the top of the waiting list.... I feel like that daft geordie lass bouncing around the jungle last night. 

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,985

Yay Fidget!  image

Wasn't her joy absolutely lovely last night - so pleased for her - we knew nothing about her before Celeb, but she's been an absolute delight - sensible, straightforward and fun - I knew she'd won the day she got into that harness and got the stuff out of those boxes on that big wall/grid thing.  Totally unafraid and totally focussed.  I hope she really benefits from winning. image

An example to some of the other women on the prog - mentioning no names image

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,378

I liked the flying squirrel bit best. That costume was inspired.  As for eating the live spider, if I was Ferne, I would have said two meals were won for the other two, I would have had the pie dinner followed by profiteroles, instead of Bulls penis and live Spider. The other two would dtill have had a full main meal.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,985

We both said we would not have eaten the spider - but I'd rather have had the chicken dinner than the profiteroles.  

• I would like my bathroom refitted, so that I can luxuriate in ladylike perfumed splendour after a day in the garden.  Also some 'doggy' boots so that my four legged friend can take her dirty shoes off when we go back indoors ( I doubt she'd wear them though ).   I'll probably have to carry on dunking her paws in a bowl.

Other than that, I'd like loadsa money to indulge myself at the garden centre come the spring.  I've been told that all of these things are possible - provided santa brings us the winning lottery ticket !     It could be me. image

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

Ditto the bathroom. I'd also like a garden next to my house, but there isn't any space for it. (I've been very good, though, so far I only have one shrub rose planned for my allotment, the rest of it are edibles. Well, OK, and some annual flowers. And a few perennial ones too. And...)