Forum home Wildlife gardening

A special visitor

I had heard through a local community website that this fellow had been seen locally and today he paid a visit to my garden. image Not the best pictures because I only had a vintage ipad handy but better than nothing. 

•  Daryl, image

A white squirrel is an emblem of a golf course my OH sometimes plays at. He did see one a few years ago.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,135

Doesn't half hollie! Pix are pretty good Daryl image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

I guess the reason there aren't very many is because they stand out so much! Survival of the fitest image

I have some video too but I'm not sure if it will upload here. Maybe I'll try and get it onto photobucket. 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,441

Wow! I've never seen an albino squirrel. Well done you for taking the photos.

Dordogne and Norfolk

Unfortunately I couldn't get the video onto here. I'm going to keep an eye on the garden at the same time tomorrow in case it comes back And have a better camera ready. 

• Most squirrels don't live for very long and albinos are rare anyway, so it's not surprising you don't see many, whether or not they get picked on.

• how lovely what a thing to see. I have seen an albino sparrow in my garden but nothing as exotic as your squirrel.

Yes, it's lovely. He's become a regular visitor every morning between about 8 and 9 o'clock.

• Is beautiful!!!
    Thanks for the photos