Gardening for Wildlife

If you are interested in gardening and wildlife, then please consider joining the new Facebook group 'Gardening for Wildlife' - the aim is to share experiences/photos and inspire more people to have beautiful gardens which also provide a haven for all types of wildlife:

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,878

Thanks for that David R.

Unfortunately I haven't a clue about these new-fangled things that people go on about. Social meeja. Not a clue.

And happy in my ignorance.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Not a problem pansyface - this forum is, however, debatably part of the new-fangled 'Social meeja' - you are chatting to me and others via the internet. I shunned Facebook for most of my life due to the tedious personal ramblings of individuals who insisted on telling me that they were now 'on a train' or 'taking the dog for a walk'. Facebook Groups - like this forum - is for like-minded people to chat about common interests such as gardening and wildlife. Happy gardening! image

• I've got a feeling that Wildlife Gardening was pretty popular before Facebook........what about those of us who don't "do" Facebook or Twitter or WHY ?  How do we cope ?  Well, a forum like this can be helpful.

The only good things that "Tweet" are the birdsimage

On a more serious note....Good Luck David........anything that inspires people has to be beneficialimage

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,354

No offence David, but most of us here chat anyway. We have a designated 'chat' thread, a photo thread for our garden and wildlife pics, and a camera thread for any other photos. We just start a new thread for any other wildlife/garden/nature related subjects.

As pansyface said - we're generally happy not to have anything to do with Facebook and it's relations! image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Just had a quick look David and there are some great photos on thereimage.  

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,025

I shunned facebook for years but have recently found uses for it. I don't do friending, unfriending and general drivel but I get my moths ID'd when I can't do them (ukmoths.org.uk) and keep an eye on the NGS and the HPS (among others). 

Unfortunately I have no idea how to access facebook pages without a link from a website. How do I find gardening for wildlife David?

National Gardens Scheme and Hardy Plant Society Jo. 

• Link: 'Gardening for Wildlife'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1650690038523483/

NGS - National Garden Scheme (Open Gardens each year for charity)

HPS - Hardy Plants Society

Thanks David, I'll have a lookimage

Pendingimage let me in David