Gardening for Wildlife

If you are interested in gardening and wildlife, then please consider joining the new Facebook group 'Gardening for Wildlife' - the aim is to share experiences/photos and inspire more people to have beautiful gardens which also provide a haven for all types of wildlife:

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,444

Thanks for that David R.

Unfortunately I haven't a clue about these new-fangled things that people go on about. Social meeja. Not a clue.

And happy in my ignorance.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Not a problem pansyface - this forum is, however, debatably part of the new-fangled 'Social meeja' - you are chatting to me and others via the internet. I shunned Facebook for most of my life due to the tedious personal ramblings of individuals who insisted on telling me that they were now 'on a train' or 'taking the dog for a walk'. Facebook Groups - like this forum - is for like-minded people to chat about common interests such as gardening and wildlife. Happy gardening! image

• I've got a feeling that Wildlife Gardening was pretty popular before Facebook........what about those of us who don't "do" Facebook or Twitter or WHY ?  How do we cope ?  Well, a forum like this can be helpful.

The only good things that "Tweet" are the birdsimage

On a more serious note....Good Luck David........anything that inspires people has to be beneficialimage

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,688

No offence David, but most of us here chat anyway. We have a designated 'chat' thread, a photo thread for our garden and wildlife pics, and a camera thread for any other photos. We just start a new thread for any other wildlife/garden/nature related subjects.

As pansyface said - we're generally happy not to have anything to do with Facebook and it's relations! image

And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,030

Just had a quick look David and there are some great photos on thereimage.  

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,883

I shunned facebook for years but have recently found uses for it. I don't do friending, unfriending and general drivel but I get my moths ID'd when I can't do them (ukmoths.org.uk) and keep an eye on the NGS and the HPS (among others). 

Unfortunately I have no idea how to access facebook pages without a link from a website. How do I find gardening for wildlife David?

National Gardens Scheme and Hardy Plant Society Jo. 

• Link: 'Gardening for Wildlife'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1650690038523483/

NGS - National Garden Scheme (Open Gardens each year for charity)

HPS - Hardy Plants Society

Thanks David, I'll have a lookimage

Pendingimage let me in David