I was asked to make a simple fun quiz for my garden club Christmas lunch (we have several members from France and Holland so couldn't do some of the more obvious English cultural questions. Anyway, I thought some of you might find it fun/useful for similar events so thought I would share. It is very simple so don't get over excited.
- What are Poinsettia flowers said to resemble?
- Name the evergreen hedge that has created many a neighbourly dispute?
- The Monkey Puzzle tree originates from which country?
- Which type of Palm tree found in the Middle East produces a fruit often eaten over the Christmas period?
- What herb is regularly mentioned along with Rosemary?
- What plant is used in the treatment of Leukaemia?
7. Is a blue tulip fact or fiction?
8. What can be placed over Rhubarb to make it longer and more delicate?
9. What C can be added to Oranges to make a pleasant smelling Christmas decoration?
10. What yellow flowering tree is poisonous?
11. What is the name for sculpting hedges?
12. What bulb plant could be described as having a facial hair problem?
13. What country do Amaryllis bulbs originate from?
14. What special attribute makes Lavender ideal for dry conditions?
15. What is a whip?
16. Traditionally white Chess pieces are made from the wood from which type of tree?
17. Where do Pelargoniums originate from?
18. What Christmas decoration might you find growing in an apple tree?
19. What type of plants can be found in a rock garden?
20. Kale, Cauliflowers, Brussel Sprouts are all what type of vegetable?
21. Rhizomes are a type of what plant?
22. What herb beginning with ‘A’ has soothing properties?
23. Cacti are often referred to as what?
24. Shepherds Purse is a type of what?
25. Christmas Bush is a plant with small green leaves and cream coloured flowers that turn a deep red in the run up to Christmas. In which country is it often used as a decoration?