Buddleia flowers?

Dave19Dave19 Posts: 17

Hi guys, has anyone got any buddleia flowers yet? I thought they'd be here by now, but no sign! The plants are looking really healthy though. I'm in the north west of England. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,106

Not usually until late July or early August. (nottingham)

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • Hi Fidget

Great to see another Nottinghamite  image ! No flowers on buddleija here either. Mind you mine is in a shady corner which probably doesn't help.

• LynLyn Posts: 8,095

Much to soon.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
  • addictaddict Posts: 659

None here yet...Hampshire...late for us. Most got knocked back by the cold weather.

• Dave19Dave19 Posts: 17

Ah othe air enough. After posting this though I found the first few buds on mine! Shouldn't be too long then. Thanks and enjoy the weather! Dave

• PassionatePassionate Posts: 215

Hi everyone, please can you put your thinking caps on and help to identify a plant,

I first saw it while in Jersey it grows about ten or twelve feet over a few years, rough green leaves to touch which are perhaps the size of hosta type leaves but a bit narrower and longer.

it produces small  blue  flowers Inbetween each leaf and the plant finishes to a point at the top? 

• my globosa is flowering but i've got 3 different types of davidii and not a sausage yet, although up in newcastle it's normally august anyway. 

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener LeicsPosts: 6,357

An unpruned wild davidii in the hedge is showing buds but the (also wild) one I hard-pruned as usual has no sign yet (Leicestershire.)

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,106

Passionate, You need to start a new thread really,  But look up Echium and see if that matches.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.