Too late for lasagne?

Have I left it too late to plant a bulb lasagne? If not would this work?

Top layer snowdrops and iris retuculata

Next layer Crocus

Next layer Narcissus Thalia and Scilla siberica

Bottom layer Tulips

Any advice welcome, thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,658

I'd go ahead with the lasagne - the flowers might be a little late but you'll still get flowers.

My only proviso is that I've never found planting snowdrop bulbs at this time of year to be successful - the only way that works for me is to plant them in March 'in the green'.  I think that by the autumn the bulbs are too dried out, which is something that snowdrops hate.

Good luck image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nadia2Nadia2 Posts: 40

I agree with Dove.Go ahead and plant up.You will be glad when spring comes and they burst into flower. I haven't had any success with snowdrops and I usually put Scilla right at the top.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,658

I agree Nadia , I put scilla at the top - smallest bulbs at the top and largest at the bottom, others in between in order of size.  image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,194

Never too late for lasagne...image

Oh - that kind...image

I'd agree with the others - better to have them planted than not. I'd always do snowdrops in the ground but, like Dove says, they're not usually as successful as other bulbs when planted just now. In March/April you'll find loads of companies selling them in the green. If you buy some then, that's the best way to plant them, either in the ground or in pots if you'd like to have a few pot displays   image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thank you all, great advice image