Tesco

£12 for one Gerbera!!

/me falls over

• everoseveros Posts: 55

Unbelievable!  I managed to save money this year.  I dug up my geraniums at the end of the year & planted them in the floor of my cold greenhouse & covered them with fleece.  They survived the winter, I planted them out & they are now in full bloom, much earlier than putting out small plants & saved money.

• KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

Emma I thought mine were expensive just under 8 quid each from GC, which is a pricey place.

• Emma1978Emma1978 Posts: 202

I mean, they must have been 3ft+ tall, but even so image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,220

3 ft tall gerberas?   were they giving away free samples of wine?image

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.

lol it said gerbera on the label. The flowers were gerbera image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,220

I have been known  to remove all the wrong labels in tesco flower dept. Roses labelled as lilies, carnations labelled as roses. crysanths labelled as mixed flower bouquet. I don't think the lad putting them out had any idea what they were.image

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.

lol fb 

oooops i meant 2ft+.....image

.....I'll fetch me coat....

• little-annlittle-ann Posts: 879

i have just been to morrisons, in the car park they have a philadelphus with a wild rose growing through it both in full flower and a young man with a hedge trimmer cutting bits of them image so i went over an asked if i could have a branch to take cuttings, take as much as you like image so i did

result, Little-ann. Love Morrison's plants. Do you have the plants in a seperate greenhouse building like we do here? The two Senetti plants I bought for £2.50 each from there are still in full flower after almost months - talk about value for money image 

• little-annlittle-ann Posts: 879

sorry no reply emma im not getting notifications so missed your post, iam lucky to have an old stone outbuilding with a north facing window so ihave the propagator on the window ledge enough light but no direct sun so itseasier to controle heat