Plant ID help needed please!

ClivealiveClivealive Posts: 31

Hi folks,

any one know what this is? My friend brought some round that had started growing in one of her raised beds and told me she thought they were raspberry plants from her neighbours garden but I have never seen raspberry plants with leaves shaped like that. Any ideas?! Cheers. 

• ClivealiveClivealive Posts: 31

Hope this photo shows it more clearly!!

• granmagranma Posts: 1,600

sorry I cant enlarge the photo , the plants are not clear enough . Can you take a closer photo at all .

Try this!!

Oops. Or this!! Sorry!

• granmagranma Posts: 1,600

Wow ! that was Quick ! Now that I can enlarge the photo  dont look like raspberry to me  , They look more like saplings from an apple tree . But I could be wrong . It will be intresting to see what others think.

Interesting. Thanks for your feedback. Will ask friend if apple trees next door!

• Hester ScottHester Scott Posts: 181

Would they be tiny plants of plum?

• addictaddict Posts: 659

More likely to be wild. My guess damson or sloe. Either of those in the vicinity?

No thorns so perhaps not Sloe?!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,785

They don't get the thorns until they're bigger - at least not in my experience.  They certainly look like a self-seeded prunus of some sort.

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !