Norwegian Pine

Morning all

For the last few weeks, the needles on my pine tree have really swollen up. What is causing it? Is it dying?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,757

Can you post a picture for us Emma?  Click on the little tree on the toolbar above where you type your message and follow the instructions image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • Emma1978Emma1978 Posts: 202

Sure thing,

Seems to be just the top half of the tree which is affected. It's about 6ft tall and in a large pot. I water it twice a week.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,248

The pics a bit small but it just looks like new growth to me

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,757

I agree with Nutcutlet, nice plump new growth image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !

Phew lol

Thanks guys image

• AtillaAtilla Posts: 1,493

I agree - just new growth. It will match the rest of the leaves by Sept/Oct.

• Same thing is happening to mine Emma and its starting to look great! Have you noticed any brown needles deep inside near the trunk?

Just green ones at the mo, Anthony. Forgive my ignorance, but will my pine generate cones?

• I'm not quite sure Em. I bought mine in December as a 2-3ft potted xmas tree and hardened it off for 3 weeks in January before planting it in the garden. By the looks of things yours is doing very well just like mine.

i bought mine as a 5ft from the auction in york. £11 image