Mind your own business

How can I get rid of MYOB, a creeping plant that looks great on rocks and walls, but is a pain when it gets into the lawn. I've seen various suggestions to clear it, but has anyone out there had any real success ( other than using a flame-thrower!).

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,244

It's all those 'weeds' in the lawn that keep mine green in a dry year. Welcome the volunteersimage

• Try Verdone??

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,698

imageimageimage

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • image  who,me?

• Just in case Pentille is thoroughly confused "Verdone" is a specific weedkiller for use on lawns that doesn't harm the grass. Sorry to be pedantic.... well some of the time!

• PentilliePentillie Posts: 411

Thanks WWB - I've already tried Verdone on the lawn, and the MYOB is left totally unmoved - I think I would have more luck if I put Verdun on the lawn - you would be surprised what a stroppy Cornishman can achieve!

• I actually like Mind Your Own Business... I can see you all raising yours eyes, but i do. In the garden centres, I have noticed it with little orange balls. Is this the same plant as I have never seen them growing on the plants in the garden.