Wire tensioner


I have put in some of the wedge-shaped vine eyes into a wall in order to support an espalier. Can someone tell me which wire tensioners are suitable to use please? There seems to be an array of them and I'm not sure which one to use.

Thanks in advance


  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener LeicsPosts: 6,472

    "Turnbuckle" is the technical term - screwfix do a range of zinc plated ones from under a pound each.  Choose one that has loops/hooks which are bit thicker than your wire, so a 5mm one with 2mm wire for example, otherwise the hooks may bend when you tighten them.  Stainless steel ones will last a lifetime (likely longer than the wire itself) but cost a fair bit more.

    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • holbopsholbops Posts: 5

    Brilliant Bob. Will get some thanks image

  • Hysteresis brakes has very limited suppliers in China and Asia because of the difficulties in manufacturing so that it is very valuable in market.

    We are one of the suppliers of this brake. In terms of technology and quality owned, we are confident that we are the leading one in Asia. Certainly, we will offer you with good price if you are interested.

    Please take few mins to have a look of our website and I am looking forward to hearing any comments from you.


  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,604

    Spam reported.

    No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
Sign In or Register to comment.