Forum home Plants

Top 3 plants

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,667

Roses Climbing Ali Baba, Blush Noisette and The Generous Gardener. All flowering now and have been since June. And I'd second Arthur Bell.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • My Alstroemeria Inca Ice 'Koice' has been flowering for months, my various Primroses that flowered in Spring and are beginning to flower again now and my various grasses have put on a good show this year too.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,289

My favourite has been Phormium Cream Delight - it's still my favourite now and will continue to be over winter. It's shone like a little beacon on all the dull, lousy days we've had this year and is a complete 'delight' in winter. 

Clematis Etoile Violette is always a favourite but Niobe has been glorious in it's depth of colour, so it has taken EV's place. The third would be the Pasqueflowers in spring, heralding the longer days and warmer weather to come - even if it didn't! image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 12,181

Well if you can have more than 3 Verdun, I will add Amnsonia taber[can't remember rest of name], beautiful blue flowers.

Consequences, altered cases
    Broken noses, altered faces
    My ego altered, altered egos
    Wherever I go, so does me go
  • Verdun, how far back do you cut your Geranium? 

• kathy 6kathy 6 Posts: 261

Flowerlover, they will grow in part shade but not full shade, they need around 6 hours of direct sun a day to flower wellimage

Fairygirl forgot the phormiums !!, think I overlook them because they just look good all the time image

• FirecrackerFirecracker East Lancashire.Posts: 256

How do you choose? Rudbeckia, Salvia and no way our garden would be without Welsh poppies all over the place. image