What is this tree?

franco6832franco6832 Posts: 105

What is this tree?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,237

Looks like some  sort of cornus, (dogwood)

• franco6832franco6832 Posts: 105

i bought some kew seeds of some exotic euphorbia from T & M with yellow flowers. This was what I got. This was planted 3 yrs from a seedling. It's about 6ft tall with white flowers with fishy smell. Should I dig it up and bin it? It's in the middle of my raised bed.

they're not all pretty sticks, some of them are pretty awful

I don't know what they're called but they seed about and sucker and you see them in council plantings

The flowers are like that of guilder rose. I will dig it up in autumn when it is dormant.

that flower looks like a dogwood flower.

they seed about. 

do a search for 'dogwood smell' fish is just one of the words mentioned

Thanks. Does it grow very big?  It's going out of the door. Lol

the root will be quite big by now but it's not a big tree.

I've got these that I pulled out of the gravel drive where I .used to work. I needed a quick row of something by the road.

I should have left them where they were to be driven over and finished off. 

mine probably started with the council, the plantings were just round the corner from the drive I pulled them out of.  I cut them back to hedge height but some that were left for a few years shot up to about 12 feet.

i shall really have to work out what species it is. 

Plantfinder out and look at all the pics on line. I'll do that in daylight, easier on the eyes

That was the only thing that germinated, and it got a lot of TLC as well. Unfortunately I was only  looking after a rogue plant .image

franco6832 wrote (see)

That was the only thing that germinated, and it got a lot of TLC as well. Unfortunately I was only  looking after a rogue plant .image

I've done that more than once francoimage