Forum home The potting shed

Spratts for tea

I enjoy spratts, and have them with brown bread and butter.  What else would go well with them?  Suggestions welcome please.  Mags

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,541

Watercress and pink grapefruit salad image  along the lines of this one http://www.marthastewart.com/313501/watercress-pink-grapefruit-and-walnut-sa

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks both.  The watercress & grapefruit sounds great.  So I will keep that in mind for next time. 

I have cue and a red onion available so that's what I will have.  It will perk up the bread&butter.    Ohhhhh   ..... I am looking forward to my tea!  Mags

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,541

Love fish roe of all sorts, but soft herring roes are simply delicious! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

imageindeed.  I always leave 'em.

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Is that the pale stuff out of tins? I recall it as a child. With vinegar! 

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

• Being born and bred in Grimsby where my family had a fish processing business for many years before take over by Ross Group/ Findus, I do not touch any fish or any by product, or anything that come out of water, salt or fresh..........Can feel myself heaving.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

just wishing I'd not read this one. image

Devon.
  • Oh YUKimageimage

Don't like any fish........except cod and chips from the chippyimage

• JO47 ------------ I am a 'cat' person too. Maybe that's why I enjoy Spratts.  However, I offered 1 to next doors cat and she turned up her nose at it!  Fussy pussy!  Mags.  PS my Spratts were delicious with cue & onion in vinegar and brown B&b