I have moved house recently and now have a bit of a garden. I am however completely new to gardening!. I have a 20 month old toddler, so ideally I want to plant things that are child friendly. I was reading up on toxic plants and one near the top of the list is Aconitum. I am now worried that I have something similar in my garden. Is this Aconitum (see photograph that I took today)?.
Obviously you cannot eat the flowers or leaves of Aconitum, but I also read that you can get poisoned just by brushing past or touching it - does this apply to both the flower and the leaves? If I do have Aconitum, how can I get rid of it safely?