Discouraging Wasps

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,215
    Busy-Lizzie wrote (see)

My wasps and hornets seem to get on OK together. ...

All that Gallic fraternité I suppose image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    I had trouble with wasps on my plums and gooseberries, they are sleepy in early morning and late at night. I'm going to try that waspinator next year they have to be put up before the springimage
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,236

I Googled (when did that become a verb???) Waspinator to look at one as I'd never heard of them. The first site I came upon was QVC with hundreds of 1* reviews. Sounds like it's not worth buying. Maybe check it out before you part with your money.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,257

It looks like a paper bag. image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

But it has a fancy pattern. That must make it worth a tenner for two image

I don't think wasps are that stupid image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Nothing is that stupid!!image 

Except possibly the manufacturers???  and then only if they believe their own spiel image

Desperate people do desperate things. My friend's youngest son is a magnet for wasps to the extent that on one particular picnic he had two in his mouth! There was talk of putting him in a pillow case for the next picnic!!!image

He's 6'4" now! Big pillow case!

Have him fitted with a zip fastener image