Forum home Talkback

Photo

13»

• KayLKayL Posts: 17

Yes, Lyn you were the first to be right,????

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Never mind Librarian it is so frustrating when you try to do something but because the question isn't clear you end up wasting your time being a good person. Fortunately for society we know that you are too good a person to just ignore the next person who asks for help: no matter how easily their question can be confused.

As for profile pictures as with all things on this site you will struggle using a mobile phone / tablet (it isn't at all mobile friendly: but the designers I am sure are working on this).

1. Use an appropriate computer (there isn't away around this)

2. Go to your profile page (top right of the website)

3. Click "MY SETTINGS"

4. Click on your current profile picture. It'll pop up saying edit. At this point any person moderately competent at using a computer should be able to complete the task in hand 

5. Remember that a thank you doesn't go a miss.

I don't know how all those question marks got there! I meant to send ????

• BerkleyBerkley Posts: 431

And I thought it was only me who had problems! Glad to know it's not only me .... The problem I can't solve is: when I want to post a photo I have to go through a whole photoshop resize thing before I can post? Why is that? Does anyone else have this problem? ( I usually take photos with my iPhone )

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    KayL wrote (see)

I don't know how all those question marks got there! I meant to send ????

Hi Kay, did you try putting those icons from the bottom of the iPad keyboard? This site seems only to like the smilies from the toolbar, or, you can  find one on google images and save copy then treat it like a photo.

the site is not very iPhone friendly! 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BerkleyBerkley Posts: 431

Many thanks, jo 47. Will gratefully take your advice. 

Yes Lyn, you're right again! as you've probably realised, I'm new to this site and have realised that it is not iPad friendly! That is exactly what I did! But then realised that I had to use image from the toolbar. Shame because I wanted to send you a lovely bouquet!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,874

This site is going to get a major makeover and it will be much more user-friendly, especially for those using iPads/tablets/smartphones etc.   

It won't be long now image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.